Week of January 18, 2021
We are blessed to have our most urgent needs met at this time. Please check out our wish lists below for more specific needs!
Daily Food Needs
There are many ways you can help Lazarus House make peoples’ lives better:
We are currently serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to approximately 60 individuals per day. Sack lunches are also provided as needed. Please call our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-587-2144 if you are interested in
scheduling to help.
- Dinners: Guests eat at 7:00 pm. Please bring your hot, ready-to-eat dinner to the shelter in a disposable container by 6pm. If you are scheduled to serve, please also arrive by 6:45 pm. The dinnertime meal shift generally lasts until 9:00 pm.
- Lunches: We suggest sack lunches contain a sandwich, fruit, chips and a drink.They may be dropped off any time during the day and will be passed out the following day. We ask that sandwiches and fruit be brought in separately to be refrigerated.
- Beverages: If you are bringing milk or orange juice, please call ahead to find out what our need is that day.
It is absolutely essential we have an overnight volunteer each night. You will be able to sleep through the night, but are available as backup in the rare case of an emergency. The overnight shift runs 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please notify staff if you need to come late or leave early.
- Dress in comfortable clothing
- All bedding is provided
- Lights are out at 11:00 pm
- Breakfast is served at 6:00 am
If you are unable to work your shift and have not been able to locate a substitute, please notify Lazarus House ASAP at 630.587-2144.
Items We CANNOT Accept but Others DO
Sadly, due to space constraints there are certain items we cannot accept at Lazarus House. Consider donating these items to these other community organizations:
- St. Peter’s, Geneva: 630.232.0124
- Chapelstreet’s Shepherd’s Heart Food Pantry: 630.232.7058
- Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry: 630.406.0036
- Elburn Food Pantry: 630.365.6655
- Salvation Army, St. Charles: 630.377.2769
- Hosanna! Church Food Pantry: 630. 584.6434
- Clothes Closet at Redeemer Fellowship, St. Charles: 630.584.8750
- Salvation Army Store, St. Charles: 630. 584.1722
- St. Vincent DePaul Déjà vu: 630.232.6621
- Goodwill, locations in St. Charles, Batavia, South Elgin
- Batavia Clothes Closet, Batavia: 630.406.0036
- Beautiful You Resale Shop, Elburn: 630 334.0467
Furniture & Household Items
- Salvation Army Store, St. Charles: 630.584.1710
- Beautiful You Resale Shop, Elburn: 630.334.0467