Week of August 13, 2018
Urgent Needs: Can You Help?
Enfamil Premium Infant Formula - Gentlease
Drink mixes that have sugar
Black & heavy duty 33 gallon trash bags
Thanks to the generosity of our neighbors, we are currently well stocked on Kleenex. We have run out of places to store this item! Great problem to have, but please hold off on this type of donation for the near future. Thanks so much!
As a homeless charity, we are always desperately in need of donations and volunteers. Please call 630.587.2144 to learn how you can help us help the homeless.
Daily Food Needs
There are many ways you can help Lazarus House make peoples’ lives better:
We are currently serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to approximately 60 individuals per day. Sack lunches are also provided as needed. Please call our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 630-587-2144 if you are interested in
scheduling to help.
- Dinners: Guests eat at 7:00 pm. Please bring your hot, ready-to-eat dinner to the shelter in a disposable container by 6:45 pm. If you are scheduled to serve, please also arrive by 6:45 pm. The dinnertime meal shift generally lasts until 9:00 pm.
- Lunches: We suggest sack lunches contain a sandwich, fruit, chips and a drink.They may be dropped off any time during the day and will be passed out the following day. We ask that sandwiches and fruit be brought in separately to be refrigerated.
- Beverages: If you are bringing milk or orange juice, please call ahead to find out what our need is that day.
It is absolutely essential we have an overnight volunteer each night. You will be able to sleep through the night, but are available as backup in the rare case of an emergency. The overnight shift runs 9:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please notify staff if you need to come late or leave early.
- Dress in comfortable clothing
- All bedding is provided
- Lights are out at 11:00 pm
- Breakfast is served at 6:00 am
If you are unable to work your shift and have not been able to locate a substitute, please notify Lazarus House ASAP at 630.587-2144.
AUGUST - NEEDS LIST
Please bring donated items to Lazarus House at 214 Walnut Street, St. Charles on Mondays through Saturdays, 8:00 am – 9:00 pm, and Sundays after 1:00 pm.
Organizations wishing to facilitate a large collection should contact our
Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.587.2144 for an updated Needs List
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE July NEEDS LIST
All-purpose floor cleaner
Laundry detergent (preferably liquid)
13 gallon garbage bags
Black and heavy duty 33 gallon trash bags
Nitrile/Latex disposable gloves, size large
Gift card (any denomination to Walmart, Meijer, Target, Dollar Tree)
Babies & Children
Diapers- (size 3)
Personal Care Items
Foot Powder spray
Aluminum pans, small (the 1/2 size ones)
Paper plates (dinner size)
Cases of bottled water
Kool-Aid & Crystal Light (sugar free drinks)
Coffee filters- 12 cup size with 4 1/2 " base
Salt & pepper
Aluminum Foil (extra wide)
Salad Dressing (Ranch, French, Thousand Island)
For the Bathroom
For Our Health Needs
Cold & Cough medicine (non-drowsy & no alcohol only ) (infants & children)
(Only new items please)
T-shirts Small-Medium-Large-X-Large, 2XL, 3XL
Shorts Small-Medium-Large-X-Large, 2XL, 3XL
* Need these items for men, women & children
Items We CANNOT Accept but Others DO
Sadly, due to space constraints there are certain items we cannot accept at Lazarus House. Consider donating these items to these other community organizations:
- St. Peter's, Geneva: 630.232.0124
- Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry: 630.406.0036
- Elburn Food Pantry: 630.365.6655
- Salvation Army, St. Charles: 630.377.2769
- Hosanna! Church Food Pantry: 630. 584.6434
- Clothes Closet at Redeemer Fellowship, St. Charles: 630.584.8750
- Salvation Army Store, St. Charles: 630. 584.1722
- St. Vincent DePaul Déjà vu: 630.232.6621
- Goodwill, locations in St. Charles, Batavia, South Elgin
- Batavia Clothes Closet, Batavia: 630.406.0036
- Beautiful You Resale Shop, Elburn: 630 334.0467
Furniture & Household Items
- Salvation Army Store, St. Charles: 630.584.1710
- ReHome Center, Geneva: 630.222.9209
- Beautiful You Resale Shop, Elburn: 630.334.0467