Emergency Housing — Women & Children’s Day Center
No one should ever have to sleep on the streets. Lazarus House can help.
We serve men, women and children who are connected Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, and western rural Kane County by address, employment, school, or immediate family. Click here to see a map of our service area.
If you need help, please call us at 630.587.2144 or come to 214 Walnut Street, St. Charles, IL 60174.
Our emergency housing offers a safe haven for persons in need. We are open 365 days/year, and shelter staff are available 24/7. The program provides:
- Warm bed
- Three meals every day
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Personal hygiene items
Our Women & Children’s Day Center, open 7 days per week, provides a safe, home-like daily living environment away from male Guests in the Lazarus House program. The Day center provides:
- Separate, enhanced space to allow women and children to focus on and more
effectively achieve their goals
- Indoor and fenced outdoor play area and recreational space for children
- Additional bathroom facilities, including showers and a bath tub for children
- Classes specific to women’s issues
- Individualized attention and support
All Lazarus House Guests have access to:
- Case management and advocacy to address the problems that caused homelessness
- Referrals to external professional resources to address mental health, substance abuse, health or other issues
- GED and educational tutoring
- Life skills classes on topics such as budgeting and financial management, job readiness, goal planning, parenting
- Community clothes closet
- Health care (provided through FQHC clinics and a cooperative effort on the part of doctors, dentists, Tri City Health Partnership, and local funding assistance)
- Employment services
- Computer usage (monitored)
- Optional Bible studies and Sunday worship services
Lazarus House is able to provide these services thanks to a network of partnerships with other agencies, a large and wonderful network of volunteers, federal, state, and community resources, and our generous donors.
Get Help from Lazarus House
Click on a link below to learn about the emergency housing and support Lazarus House provides for men, women and children who are connected to Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, and western rural Kane County, Illinois.
To report child abuse:
Illinois Department of Children and Family Services Aurora
To report senior abuse:
Senior Services Associates Inc.