Lazarus House is continuing to provide the best care possible to our most vulnerable neighbors
Care is Never Canceled
While much of the world is having to shelter in place and change how they go about their everyday lives, Lazarus House also must adopt changes to provide shelter, as we are home for our neighbors who do not have any other housing options.
- is home to men, women and children
- is a 365/24/7 homeless shelter providing essential services
- currently is working with a reduced staff to minimize risks to our vulnerable population
- was unable to comply with social distancing restrictions due to space constraints and therefore moved our Emergency Shelter guests to hotel rooms. Lazarus House is still providing shelter, food, case management and connection for our guests
- is continuing to house our guests on-site in our Transitional Living program
- is anticipating difficulties for our Homeless Prevention clients in paying their rent portions due to lay-off and job losses, which will cost more in our subsidies to help these individuals and families stay in their homes
- anticipates a strain on our consumable supplies, food delivery, staffing and an increase in budget costs due to compliance with CDC mandates and the extended shelter in place order
This is a difficult and uncertain time for all of us, but it is also a chance for us to join together and support one another. If you are able, please consider contributing financially to Lazarus House, donating an urgent needs item or dropping off a prepared food item.
This work is our privilege and your support makes it possible. We pray for your health and safety. Thank you for all that you do for Lazarus House.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are unable to accept non-essential donations at this time to help prevent the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding.
We are always in need of certain items! Please see our Urgent Needs/Wish List to see what we need most right now.
To deliver your contribution in person, please go to our donation entrance on 3rd Street, on the west side of the building between the hours of noon and four pm. Ring the bell and staff will accept at the doorway. View Map »
We mail tax receipt letters to all financial contributors in the few weeks following a monetary donation. If you would like a tax receipt for your supply donations, please ask for one from the staff person who accepts the donation. We are not able to prepare in-kind receipts at a later time.
Lazarus House is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Lazarus House does not provide tax advice. If you have tax questions, please consult your tax advisor. Lazarus House does not sell, trade or share the personal information of its donors.
Donate Monetary Gifts
We desperately need your help. Your dollars directly support our programming; less than 10% of our budget goes to administration expenses.
Direct Online Payment
Call our office during regular business hours: 630.587.2144
Make the check payable to “Lazarus House” and mail to:
214 Walnut Street
St. Charles, IL 60174